Friday, 28 December 2007

Wishes coming through

Sitting on the tube in London many years ago, on my way to work at crazily hectic Dennis Publishing, I saw an ad that said "I wish I were my cat". The picture on the poster showed a white cat comfortably asleep in front of a radiator, and I caught myself feeling extremely envious of that cat. The tube ad came to mind today, as I saw Mikki joyfully curled up in front of the oven. Mikki is not a fan of snow and cold weather, and during winter she tries to spend as much time as possible in the heated rooms of the house. The new oven has of course become her big favourite and while I'm desperately trying to complete my article today, she is lying next to me, happily half-asleep like a big tube ad cat. This time, though, I don't feel quite as envious. Over the Christmas holidays we moved the two comfy chairs in front of the oven and enoyed big cups of tea while watching the fire (and me dozing off). So with hindsight, perhaps a more appropriate quote on the London tube would have been "I wish I were myself twelve years ahead in time".