Wednesday, 30 January 2008

Smooth revelation

Courtesy of Saturday's trans-Atlantic flight I'm stuck in Tønsåsen with a fluish cold on the fourth day. The in-house Doctor's advice is to eat as much fruit as I can, as Klaus is a strong believer in the power of natural C-vitamins. And since I'm not a big fruit-eater but convinced he's right, I decided to try the Kenwood add-on smoothie mixer today. What a revelation! I know I'm about five years behind everyone else in discovering the wonders of smoothie-world but that doesn't curb my excitement (or maybe it's the energy kick from just having enjoyed half a litre of fruit?). Here's the recipe for what I found to be the easiest and most delicious bowl of fruit I've ever eaten - with a spoon:

Tønsåsen kick-start smoothie
1 apple
1 pear
3 kiwis
1 orange (fileted)
1 banana
Juice of 1 lime