Yesterday, I turned 38 and a surprise present awaited me in the basement: A bike! Bright blue, Swedish, shining and fantastic! After a short test spin and seat adjustments, Klaus and I cycled to the outdoor pool in Skittenelv, some eight kilometres further north, where we joined Hillary and the children and generous supplies of sunscreen and icecream. The weather is amazing now, with blue skies, temperatures well above the twenty-mark and wild flowers in blossom everywhere. Even if we have lots of work to do throughout July, life here already feels like a summer holiday. May the sun remain right there, high up on the sky, day and night (even if it plays sillybugger with my sleeping patterns)!
Monday, 2 July 2007
Birthday biker
Yesterday, I turned 38 and a surprise present awaited me in the basement: A bike! Bright blue, Swedish, shining and fantastic! After a short test spin and seat adjustments, Klaus and I cycled to the outdoor pool in Skittenelv, some eight kilometres further north, where we joined Hillary and the children and generous supplies of sunscreen and icecream. The weather is amazing now, with blue skies, temperatures well above the twenty-mark and wild flowers in blossom everywhere. Even if we have lots of work to do throughout July, life here already feels like a summer holiday. May the sun remain right there, high up on the sky, day and night (even if it plays sillybugger with my sleeping patterns)!