With weather like this, there is no way around it. Everything else just has to wait when the sun above northern Norway keeps shining and the grass grows high and you never know when the wind will turn and bring back the rain: It's time to do the slått! Despite his 1962 Bucher K5's very moody carburettor, Klaus has devoted today to cutting the grass around Tønsåsen. I'm watching from a distance and making sure there's water to drink and a lunch waiting. After a scary encounter with the Bucher's reverse gear a couple of years ago (and judging from Klaus' soaked t-shirt), I don't mind gendered division of labour just today.
Tuesday, 3 July 2007
Slått
With weather like this, there is no way around it. Everything else just has to wait when the sun above northern Norway keeps shining and the grass grows high and you never know when the wind will turn and bring back the rain: It's time to do the slått! Despite his 1962 Bucher K5's very moody carburettor, Klaus has devoted today to cutting the grass around Tønsåsen. I'm watching from a distance and making sure there's water to drink and a lunch waiting. After a scary encounter with the Bucher's reverse gear a couple of years ago (and judging from Klaus' soaked t-shirt), I don't mind gendered division of labour just today.